Calling all children aged 7 to 12!
Do you dream of a big invention that could help to change the world or make our lives better? Share your idea with us and stand to win a Wacom Intuos M!
Write or draw to show us your invention—the choice is completely yours!
The top 2 entries will win a Wacom Intuos M (worth RM900) each. 8 consolation entries will be chosen thereafter, and each will win a Puffin UK Book Hamper (worth RM150).
Katie Sinfield and Afua Antwi, editors at Puffin UK.
Submissions will be judged based on creativity, design, and originality.
The contest ends on 31 July 2021, 11.59 p.m. MYT.
Participants must be between 7 to 12 years of age at the time of submission. You can submit essays and/or illustrations to convey your ideas. Submissions are limited to 2 A4 pages, or an A3 page.
Send your completed entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and age, and the subject header "Puffin Big Dream Contest"!
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who are 7 to 12 as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of Malaysia and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Times Distribution, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Participant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Times Distribution as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 1 June 2021, 12 a.m. MYT and ending 31 July 2021, 11.59 p.m. MYT. All online entries must be received by 31 July 2021, 11.59 p.m. MYT.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry to the email address email@example.com. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Times Distribution. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Times Distribution.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive a Wacom Intuos M (worth RM900) or Puffin UK Book Hamper (worth RM150). Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Times Distribution. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Times Distribution’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all state and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by the Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Times Distribution to use the Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: Contest entries will be judged on the basis of those criteria specified on our website in relation to the competition, and the Winners will be selected by the editors at Puffin. Winners will be notified by email within seven (7) days following selection of Winners. Times Distribution shall have no liability for the Winner's failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for the Winner's provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate Winner will be selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all state and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER (AT TIMES DISTRIBUTION‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN THE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Rights Granted by You: By submitting this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Times Distribution, anyone acting on behalf of Times Distribution, and Times Distribution’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By submitting this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry is illegible or infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Times Distribution. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Times Distribution from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Times Distribution may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
8. Terms & Conditions: Times Distribution reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Times Distribution’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Times Distribution may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Times Distribution. Times Distribution reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Times Distribution has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Times Distribution reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Times Distribution and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF MALAYSIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Malaysia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Contest Rules, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received no later than 1 October 2021.
13. Contest Organiser: This Contest is organised by Times Distribution. Our registered office is Level 1, Tower 2A, Avenue 5 Bangsar South City, No 8 Jalan Kerinchi 59200, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. You can contact us by email, using the email address email@example.com or by direct message on our social media channels.
14. By submitting, You, the Participant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Contest Rules.